Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Disclaimer: This content is not provided or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed her




United allows one stopover and one openjaw on roundtrip international (and Hawaii) award tickets. They don t allow stopovers on domestic tickets, los angeles lakers logo nor do they allow stopovers on one-way tickets. Here s how you can maximize that policy:
If you are flying roundtrip from, say, Newark to Frankfurt, you can add on a leg at a later date up to 11 months later -from, for example, Newark to Los Angeles for the same 60,000 miles it would have cost you flying only Newark-Frankfurt roundtrip. Check out this screenshot:
But what if you wanted to tack on Hawaii? Great news: it s only 62,500 miles that s right, it s only an extra 2,500 miles to tack on a flight from Newark los angeles lakers logo to Honolulu onto your Newark-Frankfurt roundtrip.
Related los angeles lakers logo Posts: How Did I Not Know This? Delta Allows Stopovers on Domestic Award Tickets And They re Bookable Online Taking Advantage of American Airlines One-Way Awards and Stopovers to Get Free Trips to Hawaii or Europe Newbies: los angeles lakers logo The Best Way to Go to Hawaii Using Frequent Flyer Miles Roundtrip Flights to Hawaii from New York and Philadelphia, Under $300 A Friendly Reminder: You Can Book 1-Way Tickets on Delta Using Flying Blue Miles (With No Fuel Surcharge) to Europe, too!
This is epic! I ll be planning my next two trips to Italy and Costa Rica to take advantage of this. UA: IAD-FRA-FLR-FRA-IAD (stopover) IAH-SJO then AA: SJO-MIA-DCA. This will not only save me 60,000 miles on four tickets but I can afford los angeles lakers logo to come back in Business/First with my AA miles since it s only one-way.
Another thing: if I were to choose los angeles lakers logo Business los angeles lakers logo for the IAD-SJO leg, it gives me Business back from FRA to IAD as well! I won t be taking los angeles lakers logo advantage of that because I don t have enough for four tickets in Business but this is still pretty sweet.
This is great, but I wish I found out about this a 3 weeks ago! I just booked a rewards flight for 3 people to Italy for next July. Do you think there s anyway I could still take advantage of this? I know I could probably cancel the flight and rebook but I doubt it ll be worth it after the fees. I m flying out out of Boston, and would love to get some free flights to the west coast or Costa Rica.
I had my itinerary laid out for an award ticket using us miles but booking on a partner airline (united). Norfolk to San Jose (CR) round trip in January and adding on a one-way Norfolk- Newark in Sept. it came to 70.000 miles plus $ 108 for two tickets on the United site ( ready to book). When I spoke to Us Airways agent, I was told it could not be booked. What now Call again and talk to a different agent ?
OTR CREDIT CARD PLANNING Online Travel Review's free credit card planning service will tell you which credit cards you should open to earn enough los angeles lakers logo miles for that trip of a lifetime. Don't be scared off by all the lingo and crazy details - let Online Travel los angeles lakers logo Review tell you exactly what cards you need to open and when to earn hundreds of thousands of miles without ever getting on a plane. Best of all, it's free! Check it out now!
OTR DEALS NEWSLETTER Sign up for the Online Travel Review deals newsletter and be the first to find out about amazing credit card bonuses, mistake fares and more! We promise we'll only email you when there is an incredible offer.
Disclaimer: This content is not provided los angeles lakers logo or commissioned by American Express. Opinions expressed here are author's alone, not those of American Express, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by American Express. This site may be compensated through American Express Affiliate Program.
Online Travel Review has financial relationships with some of the cards mentioned here, and Online Travel Review may be compensated if consumers choose to apply for these links in the content, and ultimately sign up for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment