Monday, October 29, 2012

Davis - I went back and looked at the information in the link you provided and I sent a more coheren




I am reading and bookmarking car rental orbitz city reservations lots of trip reports car rental orbitz city reservations and postings. car rental orbitz city reservations I think i figured out where and how to book the scavi tour. I emailed for the Scavi tour to the email address listed on the website from the Vatican website and put in a range of 4 days for our trip next may. My question is, do they send you a confirmation of receipt of the email or just email you back the date/time of the tour? I was going to wait for that reservation before I book any other tours. Thanks for the tips and advice. I will post a tentative itinerary when I get more things figured out. We have 5 nights in Rome and then 4 nights in Venice and finally 4 nights in the lake district (probably Maggiore).
Given the unique car rental orbitz city reservations location of the Vatican necropolis, we need to give careful car rental orbitz city reservations attention to the conservation of this irreplaceable historical-archaeological site, where is preserved the original tomb of St. Peter.
I put my Scavi request in on a Monday in April and almost immediately received a confirmation of request acknowledgement. The following day I was offered a slot and paid the day after. It was so easy, after all my concerns, and I was amazed I even got a slot as I only applied 7 weeks out for mid June!! Good luck.
I booked various other tours only a few weeks before we went and got all the dates and times I wanted so you should have plenty of time to make reservations even if the Scavi office don't reply immediately.
we did the scavi tour on our last trip to rome and really enjoyed it. Actually i'm not sure if enjoyed is the right word as I when we got to the chapel below the main altar and they were just starting to sing the midday mass, i started to weep! [as i'm not at all religious this was a rather weird reaction].
if you have the time and the queues aren't too bad, try to combine it with a trip to the top of the dome - great views over the roofs of the Basilica and a chance to see the mosaics round the inside of the Dome up-close and personal, as well as climb to the top of course.
Davis - I went back and looked at the information in the link you provided and I sent a more coherent email to the Scavi office. Thank you for that information! Annhig, I went to the website of the palazzo and it looks just like our cup of tea. I will follow up on that one. Thanks again to everyone!
The one thing I waiting too long to do was book with Rome Cabs for the airport pickup - they were booked by the time I finally e-mailed, I used another reliable company that was less expensive so it all worked out - but just in case you have that particular company in mind I thought I would mention it. I think I e-mailed them just two weeks before leaving.
My husband and I our Paris lovers, and I was a little bit worried about how we would do with the Rome experience and we ended up really liking it! We stayed 1 night at the beginning of our trip and 6 nights at the end. I look forward to more trips to Italy ending or beginning in Rome. We just got home Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment