Thursday, June 28, 2012

In this case, the eloquence is purely physical communication. He has no lines. Marjorie Reynolds, tr




Glamour discount car rental san diego and strength, beauty and intelligence, sophistication discount car rental san diego and allure--it's so rare to find all these attributes so completely and perfectly embodied in a single actress. Barbara Stanwyck's performances simply amaze me.
Hi, I just stumbled onto your blog, and am loving it! As an aside, discount car rental san diego although in the movie San Francisco there is no cattle stampede, in real life, there was a stampede along Mission Street in SF immediately following the quake in 1906, taking at least one life. Anyway, keep up the good work; I love finding a new blog!
wow, I really feel old! I remember going to the Grand when I was a kid...I think it cost 10 cents for a newsreel and two movies! I loved Gene Autry!!!A woman named Bertha used to walk around and make sure we were all quiet....she was scary!!!!
Another discount car rental san diego post-film discount car rental san diego pilgrimage to your blog. Just finished Old Acquaintance, and wanted your thoughts. As always, you're so insightful. Before watching the film, I'd heard that Hopkins and Davis had been engaged in a back-stage cat-fight originating from Old Maid. The knowledge certainly contributed to my enjoyment of the film. Davis must've relished that shaking scene. I thought it was rather gutsy of Hopkins to agree to play the detestable character while Davis got the Jean Valjean-ish role.
I love drive-in movies. We usually go for the dusk to dawn shows on the holidays. They usually have them on Memorial Day, the Fourth of July, and Labor Day.Here's a link to a page I put together on drive-ins.
In this case, the eloquence is purely physical communication. He has no lines. Marjorie Reynolds, trying to show off and impress discount car rental san diego Walter Abel, treats her boss -- Mr. Belasco -- like an underling, directing him to fill a last-minute order.
Leon Belasco is the silent shopkeeper, at first appalled at her nerve, then anxious that she might blow it and lose a customer, then pleased that she has succeeded in making a sale, and then hustles to do what she has condescendingly commanded. It s a pantomime lasting a few seconds, but it is indelible. I can t go into a flower shop today without thinking of him.
You may have seen Leon Belasco in dozens of film or TV shows, usually bit parts as a waiter or cab driver. He was a dealer in Rick s gambling parlor in Casablanca (1943). He usually had few or no lines. Like so many bit players, he was just there.

No comments:

Post a Comment