Friday, September 28, 2012

For example, sitting near flight attendants for one of my flights, I found out that our flight was g




The great National Car Rental promotion One Two Free is back! When customers rent twice from National, they get a third rental free. As simple ocean city maryland beach front hotels as that! To celebrate, we are doing a contest where travelers can share their travel experience and win a Traveler Truth Prize Pack—including a Swiss Army WT Wheeled Tote, a Swiss Army WT Deluxe Garment Sleeve, and a $100 AMEX gift card. It's valued at $499!!
How to win this awesome prize? National is putting together ocean city maryland beach front hotels the Top 10 Business Traveler Truths, and they know that if anyone can speak the truth about business travel it's Road Warriors! To enter the contest, post a comment with your top "rule of the road" for a work trip. I will work with National representatives to pick the best comment, and the winner will receive the Travel Truth Prize Pack. Pretty sweet, right? Plus, the winning truth will be compiled into National's Top 10 Business Traveler Truths, which will be featured on their Facebook page and shared with travelers far and wide! We will draw the winner on Wednesday, September ocean city maryland beach front hotels 19 and announce on September 20. (As always, only one entry per person.)
And if that weren't enough, as a bonus for Road Warriorette readers, anyone who is currently an Emerald Club member can get one free rental credit. All you have to do is email your Emerald Club membership code to OneTwoFree@ehi.com with a screengrab of your comment, and mention "Road Warriorette" so they know where you posted. This means that you will only have to rent one more time to get a free rental! If you're not a member yet, you can join immediately here (for no cost) to participate.
I keep my boarding pass and ID in my hand, but everything else wallet, ocean city maryland beach front hotels keys, phone, etc goes into my jacket pockets. You have immediate ocean city maryland beach front hotels access to it right after security and it s a lot easier to pick up one thing (your jacket) rather than 10 things ocean city maryland beach front hotels from the bin.
Always keep phone numbers of customer service for various hotels and airlines and your frequent flier/hotel rewards account numbers handy (phone/printouts) ocean city maryland beach front hotels in case you need to call them to change, re book or find alternate arrangements since centralized customer service is much more efficient and helpful in resolving any issues than the staff at the hotel or the airline.
Check out where the airport car rentals are located. While some airports have a centralized car rental center, some airports have companies on site and others in a remote location. Knowing in advance that you have to make the extra trip to a remote lot can save some headaches (or make you book with a different company).
Number 1 rule for me is never forget my driver's license and/or passport. I drove two hours to the airport once and when the ticket agent asked for my ID, I realized that my driver's license was two hours away. Thankfully I pleaded ocean city maryland beach front hotels with the gate agent and showed ocean city maryland beach front hotels every credit card, club card, blockbuster card, and business cards that I had, and they allowed me to get on the plane.
Always ocean city maryland beach front hotels carry some cash, put whatever you can in pockets and keep a travel pack handy and ready at all times. That way you re not forgetting anything and can get out the door fast for that last minute trip!
My work trip Rule for the Road is to print my Master List of everything that I could need for my upcoming trip(s) and then use that master list to highlight the items that I will need for that particular trip. I also use a legal sized envelope, so that as I collect info (hard copies ocean city maryland beach front hotels of hotel, car airline reservations) or as I collect receipts while on the trip I can throw everything in one convenient place.
Make an itinerary with dates, flights, train rides, rental car info, hotel addresses ocean city maryland beach front hotels and phone numbers along with all confirmation numbers. Forward a copy to a relative and keep one for yourself. It is invaluable to have a hard copy of all your travel details in one place and so easy to pull out the same one piece of paper when checking in instead of searching for the correct info in a cell phone (which may be low on battery) or amongst a stack of travel confirmations.
Bring a little cash. Whenever I travel without having some cash I always end up in a situation ocean city maryland beach front hotels where I need to give a tip, or buy something where a credit card won t work. Keeping $20 in your wallet will save you a few headaches.
Use a windshield or dashboard mounted GPS. I cringe when I think of all the people holding their phones in their hands as they are relying on them for directions ocean city maryland beach front hotels in strange places. It s got to be just as distracting as texting and driving.
For example, sitting near flight attendants for one of my flights, I found out that our flight was going to be cancelled as soon as they knew, this allowed me to get to the counter and change flights before they announced it on the PA.
Being aware has allowed me to make changes rapidly ocean city maryland beach front hotels during weather events, avoid long lines when other points of entry were open further down the terminal, and knowing how to get around when traffic throws up roadblocks.
Use a list to pack for your standard business travel week. Even though you do it all the time, stress and distraction can cause you to forget something and since we travel so lean we need every item! Using your list avoids that nagging worry, did I forget something important?
I have found Capital One to be the best bank to have for travel particularly internationally. They do not charge the typical 3% international transaction fee on credit card transactions. Plus, you can withdraw money from ANY ATM without having to worry about fees. (They credit your account for fees that are charged by the ATM)
Being an accountant I saved every receipt from my wife and my trip through Turkey. Every ATM withdrawl was calculated at the day s market spot exchange rate with no fees or add ons. We probably saved $100s!

No comments:

Post a Comment