Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Probably biggest pain will be taking out Ireland and England. I love England. I've lived their for f




So I ve decided to go to abroad to Europe. It s something I ve wanted to do for ages and my current job is coming to an end, so before I start looking for a new one I felt I needed to take this opportunity to travel abroad. Now s the time, I m 24 so I get all the discount prices and I have enough money to do it. It s now or never, I really don t want this to be my never.
I do plan on going to a lot of place Italy(there are so many places I want to go to in Italy), Germany(Berlin, Fussenn), Ireland, Scottland, Copenhagen and from their due the night train to Amsterdam, Spain(Madrid, Barcelona, maybe some other places), Sweden, Switzerland and Belgium.
I also plan to go to England and France but I studied abroad in England and have been to London a few times, so my plan is to just meet with some of friends there and stay there no more then a day(overnight if we go out..). florida enterprise rent a car London tends to be expensive so it might just be a dinner thing. My real plan in England is Bath, Cardiff, and Oxford. I ve also been to Paris a couple of times, so I just plan to skip it completely and head to other places in France, most likely in the South.
- I plan to stay only a day or two in some places, and then two to three in other places. I m alright with not going to Belgium, Switzerland and Sweden(basically in that order from one I m most willing florida enterprise rent a car to give up to the one I m least willing to give up haha). My day in London could go away or maybe it s where I could end my trip. I m mostly just going to see my friends from abroad there.
But Italy, Germany, Vienna, Ireland, Amsterdam, and Southern France and parts of England are definite. I know it s still a lot, but I ve got 4-6 weeks, so I do have a good amount of time, no? I mean I d love to check out Rhineland and Toledo and other places like that, but I m not sure if I plan to spend the night there. I know it s still a lot but I plan to spend 3 days at most in most of the countries, save for Italy which will probably be like 7(so much I want to see!) and German will be 4. I d love to do Sweden and Spain but it might be hard. Sweden I d prefer more then Spain at this point.
If I should cut it down to see more(I mean I plan to be in Italy like a 5-7 days), what should I cut, besides the ones I ve already mentioned. What do you all think is the most(and florida enterprise rent a car I hate to use this word) expendable? Honestly I d love to see some small villages
florida enterprise rent a car -Unfortunately I will be booking the tickets on relatively short notice probably within three weeks to a month from when I want to go(sometime in late September/early October) so the price will be up there I m waiting to hear back from this one job and if I don t hear back by September 5th, I m booking my flight. So far haven t even gotten an interview, so looking unlikely florida enterprise rent a car haha. Is Berlin the best place? So far Berlin and Dublin have been pretty cheap..but florida enterprise rent a car that s if I book now. Also should I aim to avoid a connection flight despite being cheaper?
3) Which country should I leave from? I guess that question depends more on where both my second florida enterprise rent a car and last spot will, though I imagine a lot of zigzagging, so what s the best place to finish for a cheap flight?
8) What Eurail should I get? I m leaning towards the very expensive Global Two month though that s paying for two weeks I won t be there and I m not even positive this all will take six weeks. What s my best option?
9) Do I bring my computer? I have a smart phone, so I don t see why should I should but I guess it s an easier way to stay connected to people florida enterprise rent a car and my parents say if I do this, they want me too so I can email them But it will be a hassle, no? The one reason I would bring a computer is that I could write I love writing and I feel like there will be plenty of things to write about. Of course I could use pen and paper but I have disgusting hand writing and I just feel like I d be ten notebooks deep by the end of this trip haha
10) And finally traveling alone how is it? It seems horrifying but also incredibly florida enterprise rent a car exhilarating. For those with past experiences, how did a month or so traveling across a country on your own affect you? Was it great? Did you get lonely?
I usually start the farthest away and work my way back to the nearest place. BTW: most of my travel has been as a solo. My longest trip was 42 days In those 42 days, I visited 3 countries, Germany, Switzerland and France.
1) They all included like 4-5 days in London and Paris each and I'm skipping those.So I guess it's more about just finding suitable florida enterprise rent a car replacements for them...I'm definitely looking to do more then 3 countries because I' not sure when I'll get this chance again...Italy, Germany, and Netherlands are definitely my top 3. But I really want to see SOuthern florida enterprise rent a car France and go to places in England I haven't gone too. Oh and Vienna. I REALLY want to go to Vienna haha
Your initial thoughts in your post seen to be a bit disorganized. I would suggest you try putting a tentative itinerary on paper to see exactly what you your dream plan would be. Then you may have to pare back. Remember in visiting many countries rather than just visiting 2-3, you will have transportation costs (train, plane) between each country.
I have used an iPhone in Europe. To avoid incurring HUGE data roaming charges, I limit internet and e-mail use to when I have access to free wifi in my hotel or via an Internet cafe where I can control what I am paying for Internet time.
I limit phone calls to just a few to check on family members at home. I also text or receive 2-3 texts per day. The few phone calls and texts can add $50-60 to my phone bill for the 2 week period I am traveling. There may be cheaper alternatives--Skye, or international plans from your cell provider.
Yeah I have an iPhone. I guess I'll be keeping florida enterprise rent a car my internet off haha. I'll be using my iPhone florida enterprise rent a car to store a couple of guide books. From the sounds of it, it sounds like I should bring my computer...It would allow me to skype, email, search what I need too...
@gh21 - You're totally right, I am incredibly disorganized right now. It's all sort of coming together for me. I pretty much only made the decision to do this a week ago. I do realize that 11 countries florida enterprise rent a car in 6 days is a bit insane...haha
I might just stuck with Italy, Germany, Vienna, Amsterdam and one other city/country. Probably Southern florida enterprise rent a car France. I'd also through a day in Copenhagen in there somewhere.. I really want to take a night train haha. I'm okay with eliminating florida enterprise rent a car Belgium and Switzerland. It sort of pains me to eliminate Sweden.
Probably biggest pain will be taking out Ireland and England. florida enterprise rent a car I love England. I've lived their for four months, I have friends florida enterprise rent a car there, but I've never been to the country side. Ireland, I've just always wanted to go. But maybe I can make that another trip in the future, a two week to three trip of England, Scotland and Ireland. Who knows when I'll have the chance again but it's much more likely I can do that then go to Germany and the rest. Still, it stinks .
I might have to go to start in London(I was thinking BErlin) just spend one dya there to hang out with my friends and then leave either that night(which will be...rough) or the next morning. I just don't think my friends will be pleased if I skip over them haha...but it might be the most logical choice..
Should I do Ireland over Southern France? I mean I really want to do Southern France too...but Ireland more...Though Southern France is much more convenient and cheaper. Though does anyone have a suggestion as a fifth to replace Southern France? Should I have a fifth?
The itinerary you have listed would take 3 to 4 months to actually see anything. florida enterprise rent a car And all the bouncing around from country to country (never mind how many cities) will end up costing a fortune - even with low-cost flights and student discounts on trains.
As for overnight trains, my understanding is that any sort of berth is ot covred by passes - but extra costs for each one. And while you may be willing to sit in a chair all night - many overnight trains don;t offer this option - and if they do you have to stay awake to guard your belongings. (A friend of mine had her camera stolen (she never even woke up) on an overnight train when she has it pressed between the far side of her body and the side of the seat).
My DD (19) and 2 friends went for 5 weeks last summer and ended up staying in 8 different CITIES, not countries - to have a chance to really see much of anything. (And she had already spent significant time in London, Paris and Italy - so this trip had no England, a couple of days in Paris (plus the Riviera) and only Venice in Italy. And no scandinavia - which is really an outlier - as well as very expensive.
And you're right my original plan was a bit insane. I've pretty much have it down to just the four countries listed florida enterprise rent a car above and maybe one more. If I go to London for a day, it isn't too expensive or time consuming, right? It's about 4 and half hours. That way I can spend my day there...If not I just go right to Amsterdam then Berlin then Fussen then Vienna florida enterprise rent a car then down to Italy. It might not leave much room for France. Though not counting Italy(which I plan to spend at least 8 days and I guess, it will be where I fly out of) it seems like I do have time. Or is what I have perfect from six weeks? I mean I wouldn't mind 45 days if it helps me fit something florida enterprise rent a car else in. Would I be able to do more of England with my trip?
Amsterdam(Three Days) Berlin(Three to four days Days) Fussen(Two Days) Vienna(three days) Italy(I'd imagine 9 days)...that's about 21 days not counting travel time(which I'm sure increases it more to 30)...Do I have time for more? Should I stay in those cities for a longer? Is there a good place to check out along that route south I'm taking? I love places like Fussen, so I wouldn't mind a couple of days in another one of those.
Your first post is as rambling and all over the map as your itinerary is. You need to focus. florida enterprise rent a car You can't possibly see a country in 3 days. Even 6 weeks isn't that much time.

No comments:

Post a Comment